TopShop TopMan Across Canada
Our initial assignment was to design the first Canadian TopShop TopMan store and flagship in Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Toronto. Following its success, our responsibilities increased to rolling out the program across the country from Ontario to British Columbia.
We liaised with the head office of Arcadia Group in the UK and Hudson’s Bay Corporation to make sure the initial conceptual ideas were realized in the built form.
- Limited timeline to obtain city and landlord approvals
- Deadline for opening the store
- Limited existing drawings information
- Good working relationship with City of Toronto Building Department
- Weekly client/consultant meetings to identify issues and stay focused
- Detailed review of existing conditions to predict future construction issues