Loblaws LEED Supermarket
This innovative LEED designed large food store incorporated many firsts in new green technology. This project served as a model to test rolling out new sustainable systems within Loblaws’ development program.
- Incorporating latest technology in energy and environmental standards into big box retail store model
- Took the building through the LEED Rating System
- First food store in Ontario to apply for LEED Silver
- Innovative technology incorporated
- First grocery store in North America to use CO2 in refrigeration loop for coolers
- Educating General Contractor and Sub-Trades on sustainable construction