Canada Post – Distribution Centre – East GTA
New DC handles expanded parcel load for half of Greater Toronto Area
New innovative Zero Carbon facility under construction – taken through SPA and expected to be completed in late 2021.
- Developing detailed design for the site while perimeter edge condition for surrounding streets and extension of Morningside Ave still evolving
- Provide modern working environment for both office and warehouse alike while managing a restricted construction budget
- Zero Carbon facility plus Tier 2 Toronto Green Standards approvals
- Fast track planning approvals for SPA and Variances
- Providing interim design solution while city portion is delayed and focusing on areas of the site that are unaffected
- Large second floor office cantilevered overhang creates inviting and visually strong entrance for staff. Use of precast concrete, ACM and metal siding in simple contemporary colours to provide attractive and refreshing workplace
- Coordination with team to provide various Zero Carbon initiatives including solar panels, EV provisions, geothermal systems, high reflective roof, skylight etc.
- Working with consultant planner and the city’s planning department to reduce time frame for approvals as project identified for City’s Gold Star program. Understanding critical path items and working as project manager of consultant team to meet delivery objectives